A portal serves as mission control for your students and faculty's needs. You probably run a few different third party systems to help students and faculty succeed. With a single campus portal, you are able to bring those all into one and expose the data that is most relevant to your users.
Some key features we've found in designing and developing successful portals:
- Single sign on to log into email, class schedules, and services
- Display current events and news
- List of current classes
- Detailed course information
- Campus social media
- Campus-wide alerts
- Curated job board results
- Digestible graphs and stats
- Content specific to user type (Student/Staff/Faculty)
- Easy to use mobile experience
One of the biggest complaints we hear from students and faculty is the usability of the current admin systems. A custom portal design and website will connect your students and faculty to the important information they need to see.