In today's social world people are always trying to integrate social media with their sites in various ways. I'll cover some of the more common ways this is accomplished and tools to accomplish this. If you want a prepackaged distrobution built for social communities, you may want to try Drupal Commons.
Share Buttons and Links
One of the simplest and most common requests is to have share links for a page or website.
- Direct Share Links that open in popups
- Service Links (link to pages)
- The official Share buttons
Embedded Timelines and other widgets
Many of these are limited by being in an iframe, so you can't customize them that much.
- Facebook / Drupal Module / Feeds
- Twitter / Drupal Module / Feeds
- Instagram Services
- OpenID and a nicer selector
- Janrain Engage
- Login Radius
Chat / Commenting
- Drupal Chat
- Private Message
- Advanced Forum and Author Pane
- Google Plus Comments
- Facebook Comments
Activity Feeds and Notifications
Flagging / Relationships