KWALL has been in the business of developing websites and engaging customers for nearly a decade.
What is open-source technology? Well in a nutshell it’s the opposite of proprietary software.
It’s the result of passionate programmers, including the ones we have at KWALL, literally giving away their intellectual property (code) for the common good. No costly licenses or upsells, no red tape and no limit on what you can accomplish. That’s why we think its a great fit for today’s web. As technology pushes us faster and faster, we look to each other in the development community for inspiration and resources to keep progressing. That means quicker time to market and minimal long-term costs for you.
At KWALL, we make open-source work for our clients. We leverage all that the web has to offer, building off the work of the greatest minds in technology to help you achieve your goals.
What's New in Drupal 8?
The hard working community of developers contributing to Drupal 8 released the first production ready version of Drupal 8. New Drupal 8 has been focused on providing the site users with:
- A new interface to author and modify content in the back end and inline on screen
- Performance enhancements running on an entirely new platform
- Better support of important core functions such as previewing changes and translations
- Less duplication of efforts now that the configuration is updatable via files
- Better control of content management via APIs and services
- Hundreds of more included features in the core meaning less modules to update. Create views of content right in core.
How it Works For Higher Education
Content authoring will be simpler for site managers and editors allowing inline content editing
- File uploads and management will be simpler and easier with the new file system allowing drag and drop file uploading when editing content
- As Drupal 8 is designed for mobile, the responsive sites will be easier to update and maintain
- Sharing content is easier through a new services layer allowing pushing content or pulling content in to be done with less effort
- Configuration management will be now in files allowing you to make consistent changes to setup of a site through multiple architectures without manual effort
- You can caption images and manage the editor with less effort in Drupal 8
- Let’s Get Started
- KWALL is ready to start working with providing a new Drupal 8 web system or consulting on updating existing Drupal systems to Drupal 8. Drop us a note and we will help you get ready for the switch.